Saturday, June 6, 2009

Past Returns

I died a little today when that fateful sound erupted from my computer.
That sound that announces you have mail.
When I looked I saw it.
That title.
Those words I thought I would never see again.
Your words.
Your name.
You told me you missed me and you had been to weak to see things through.
My heart says 'I forgive you'.
My mind says 'Piss off'.
Which one should I listen to?
How can I survive again?
How can I let you into my heart?
How can I not?
Why can't I turn you away?
Why can I not hate you?
I died a little today because you killed me.
You killed me and I like it.

7 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

That is sad and yet beautiful.

SquirrelQueen said...

The logic of the mind just can't seem to overide the passion of the heart.

Drifter, good to have you back, you have been missed.

SQ

PrayerMetro said...

Good to hear from your heart.

Joy of life
Agony of life
Heighth of love
Depth of pain
No love
No pain
Know love
Know pain

The joy of love is worth it. Keep loving.

PrayerMetro said...

No, I've not mailed yet. Finally took some time to recoup thought and activity last week to get back on track with what is really important, like sending a friend a gift.

triton said...

i truly understand how u feel, ive gone through the same kinda scenario...
realli nice way u put it...
my followin u;)

raxorsandroses said...

this is amazing...

- Jan - said...

It's good to hear from you again. It was such a beautiful poem.