Friday, February 27, 2009

Afterlife

I wonder if there is an afterlife. A time so much different than this. Is it just us who come back for another try or do the people we knew then come back as well? Is it possible that the person you brush past in the street or the person you make a brief eye contact with in the elevator is someone you knew from a time long ago? Maybe even someone you loved? Perhaps I knew one of you. Perhaps I was in love with one of you, maybe that is why we have been allowed to find each other again on this space.What if the homeless person asking for help is a brother or sister from another time. What if your worst enemy now was your hearts love then? Maybe this life is a chance to find what you missed so terribly in the past. Whether it be friends, love, family, a chance to make right something you did wrong. Maybe this life is a punishment for a past mistake. I do not know this. But I do know this: Whether I know you now or not, if we are friends or enemies or just strangers passing by, may we meet again in another life.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I was thinking the same the other day..about the possibilities of soul travels..and where someone we loved could be at this very moment...had no clever conclusions I must admit...being just a mortal kicked in..Or maybe I just refused to have any?!

Ed Ngai said...

I like to think there is such a thing as an afterlife or fate and destiny. To know that there is a final justice after living a cruel and hard life.

Anonymous said...

Life is just and illusion. Life is just a single state of consciences experiencing itself subjectively.

Ed Ngai said...

I don't know if it is true or not. but I would like to believe it to be true. I guess we will find out in the end.