Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Freaks

I know I have posted this before, but it is one of my favorite pieces as it is so close to my heart. I would like to post it again:

I wish I could travel back in time and go watch the freak shows of the old circuses. I would love to have met the Bearded Lady. I think she is so beautiful; a living, breathing example of true beauty. Beauty is true and wonderful when we look for it. I would love to have just sat and watched her. Watched her comb her hair, watched her dress for the show, watched her apply her makeup. Wondering why she chose to live her life this way. I would tell her that I am envious of her courage and strength to allow all those people on the outside to see her and judge her, but continue to be herself, not hiding her peculiarities but embracing them like I wish I could. I would tell her that I would never judge her and she could show me anything she wanted because I would see her with the eyes of my heart, so she would never be ugly to me. I would have begged her for a lock of her hair to keep with me, so that I would never forget that the eyes of the mind are easily clouded and swayed but the eyes of the heart are clear and true. I have never met this woman, but she has become so dear to me. She is my hero. My freak.

2 comments:

Shania said...

I love your blog! I want to follow it but I guess there is something wrong with the "follower" gadget, please leave me a message later so I can track you back.

http://www.shania1111.blogspot.com/

Ed Ngai said...

I like this one too! but my personal favourite has to be "I die" (or something like that..)

That was the first decent poem I had read on other peoples blogs. And made me instantly a follower. keep the good work going!