Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fantasy or Reality.

How many people in the world would prefer fantasy to reality? I ask this because I am wondering if I am alone in some ways of my thinking. I love to imagine. Build and construct another world, MY world. Building far away lands, houses, situations. I can spend hours in my mind. My fantasy world is heavily dependant on movies and music. So much so that I feel sadness and pain when I find that an actor I was fond of has passed on. I hurt as if I knew them personally. My day often depends on which song I hear in the morning when I awake. I sometimes insert myself into a film I have just seen as if I were really there and that situation were really happening, or imagine myself on a stage in front of thousands playing a song with all my heart. Some would say this is a bad thing. Part of me agrees with them. Instead of going about business I should accomplish, I spend my time wondering if my world should have rolling hills or high sun-lined mountains. Should I see ocean or sit by a rushing river? Should my house parlour be on this side or that side? People that I once knew in school have moved on. Some have gotten married, some have children, some are attending school, some have moved to other places. But I have not moved on, I live in the same house I have for sixteen years. I have no children, I have never known love. I am only now starting to show an interest in school. Others cannot wait for each day, and I cannot wait for a new movie or album to come. I am surrounded with maps of imaginary lands and blueprints of houses that do not exist. I love my own world, my place of true hearts and real ideas. I feel more alive when I am there and I would give anything to make my world a reality. I live more there than I do here. Weeks go by without any real notice of the outside world, but every time I do emerge from my mind I find that life has passed me by a little more. Should I take control and have a real life, or continue the fantasy life I already have? What would you chose?

1 comment:

PrayerMetro said...

Good notes. Fantasy has always been fun for me. Too many folks think their version of reality is not fantasy. All of us have filters and fantasy interpretations of life. Some folks just realize the fact we are all working out our fantasies in some form or another. Now that is reality.

Good to hear from you.