Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sea

The beautiful deep waters call to me,
Beckon me to join her.
The icy deep, my home.
I can see the wind playing in the surf,
Dancing in the moonlight to the beating of the earths heart.
The beautiful life beneath the surface.
To be home again, weightless and whole.
The roaring water around me, sounds of freedom.
She touches my face with her icy fingers through the spray,
And I am comforted.
She is with me and I am not afraid.
The sea, she watches under the eye of the moon,
Waiting for my return.
Such breathtaking beauty,
Such comfort and peace.
My home.

1 comment:

Penny said...

I love this poem! You know, a thought comes to me that you could play around with this and it could become a poem about a person committing suicide in the waters of the beach. I did a poem like that a long while ago. Maybe I'll post it one day.

Listen, great work!