Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time

The beyond lies before me.
My journey through forever has begun.
What lies beyond the beyond?
The world I long for, the life I desire.
My mind tells me "You will never make it, you will never succeed".
My heart tells me " Go on, just one more step".
Will I ever reach that place?
Death tells me "No".
But I must continue.
I must go on and make my footprints in the sands of time.
I must make it to the land of tomorrow.
I cannot give up.
I must go on and escape this life, this place, this hell, this shell.
So, I will carry on.
I will take one more step, and one more step, another, another.
I will continue.
I will not give in.
I am coming, my tomorrow.
I am coming, my time.

1 comment:

PrayerMetro said...

This purposeful "I will take one more step, and one more step, another, another." is good. It is solid.

A year ago I coined a phrase for my teams at work, "Tenemos el futuro" "We have the future." At times the past tries to have us. We have the future. We have the next step. We have destiny. Past can always try to drag us backward, yet by us pressing to the next step it can not succed.

Past may mark us.
Past may wound us.
Past should build us for our destined arrival.
Past should shape us for our future.

The next step owns the future.